2010年8月18日星期三

Rolex Daytona Series 2 and 3 Project X Designs

Admittedly I am not the biggest Rolex fan and to be perfectly honest there are a number of other brands out there that I would probably be more inclined towards. Having said that, the Rolex Daytona has always, and will always have,nike shox, a special place in my heart and hopefully one day on my wrist! As such I cannot deny that my curiosity was piqued then when I heard about Project X Design’s take on this timeless classic.    
  Project X Designs  In a similar vein to Bamford & Sons, Projext X Designs offers both bespoke and limited edition watches, with the latter being created in highly limited runs of just 24 watches which will not be repeated once sold out. Most recently the company has released the Series 2 and 3 Limited Edition Rolex Daytonas which will soon be followed by the release of the Series 2 and 3 Limited Edition Submariners (apparently Series 1 is quite popular with Mr Bond himself Daniel Craig, although he’s supposed to be an Omega man, but that’s another story entirely!).    
  Series 2  Highly reflective of current trends the Series 2 (pictured above) appears to be the more customized of the two editions, having received the full PVD treatment. I must admit it is quite a stunning piece, if lacking somewhat in creativity,replica watches, and the red highlights provide an excellent contrast. The rear has also been fitted with a sapphire exhibition case back so that the wearer can peer in at the inner workings of the superb Rolex movement.    
  Series 3  Series 3 is somewhat a more subdued affair and non-enthusiasts may be forgiven for not realizing that this is a customized piece. Whilst it also looks quite nice with its monochrome design, brushed case finish,Louis vuitton, carbon coated bezel and white chronograph hand vaguely reminisce of the iconic ‘Paul Newman’ Rolex Daytonas of the 1970s,mbt shoes, in my opinion you’re better of with Series 2. The reason being that if you are going to go the extra effort and pay the additional cost to acquire a limited edition piece you might as well get one that people realize has actually been customized! Otherwise you’re better investing in an original.    
  The Final Word    
  As far as customized Rolexes go these two are certainly quite nice. They have maintained enough of the watch’s original character that they are easily recognizable and the quality of the work is excellent. Personally I probably would not wear either simply because I am still not convinced about paying a premium for a customized luxury watch you have already paid a premium for in its original form and because I feel that I feel these pieces lose a certain amount of credibility once they are customized.  Nonetheless, I can still recognise and appreciate the quality of the finish on these pieces although I do wonder what it does to the re-sale value?

没有评论:

发表评论